1. #1
    Unregistered

    Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Can anyone tell me why are girls not allowed to appear for National Defense Academy (NDA) entrance examination? Whats the reason for it?




  2. #2
    ravik1214
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    jhumri telaiya
    Posts
    19

    Thumbs down Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone tell me why are girls not allowed to appear for National Defense Academy (NDA) entrance examination? Whats the reason for it?


    NDA stands for National Defence Academy and is conducted by the upsc twice a year.
    The Basic eligibility criteria are as follows :

    (1)Only Unmarried Male candidate are allowed.

    (2) Educational qualification
    Generally 12th pass with mathematics ,physics and chemistry from a recognized board or university.

    (3)Age Criteria
    candidate having age between 16.5 to 19 years are allowed


    Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    I don't know exactly why Girls are not allowed to sit in NDA but i think the training given to successfull NDA candidates are very tough .It may or may not be the reason so, better you refer to the official upsc website that is http://www.upsc.gov.in



    With Regards
    ravik1214




  3. #3
    Ankit Kumar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    204

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    girls are not allowed to appear in NDA. reason is nothing it is a rule made by govt. so we can not able to give reason.

  4. #4
    jits
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Visakhapatnam
    Posts
    7

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Girls are not allowed for the NDA but they can join either Indian Army,Indian Navy,Indian Air Force through various technical and non technical SSC.You can visit the following websites for information regarding each of the sector

    Indian Army-click here
    Indian Navy-click here
    Indian Air Force-click here

    You can even contact the officials and know the exact reason behind why girls are not allowed for the NDA through the "Contact Us" page.

  5. #5
    Faiyaz
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Calcutta/Kolkata
    Posts
    300

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Well nice question

    Off the various valid reasons at present which we can discuss followings:-

    NDA, means National Defense Academy located in Dehradun specially and well constructed for traning male candidates for all the three wings of Indian Defense Services, having all the top edge facilities for male Cadets but not for Female Cadets. If girls will be allowed through NDA then additional facilities like- Separate living for facility, Lady officer in-charge etc. will also be required.


    Female Cadets are not allowed in Combat department. They are provided Technical, Ground Duty, Medical, etc. except combat because of various valid reasons. The two most valid once are -
    1) What if during war any female Cadet will be taken as hostage by enemy. How can commanding officer take such risk.
    2) There are various stages in womens life where a long leave is required. For example- During pregnancy.

    However, recommendations have been made for that, infact bill was accepted in Parliament. And Supreme Court has also accpeted that but Defense Chiefs and other head of staff officer are not ready to accept due to various reasons as discuss above. So, repetition has been made Supreme Court is yet to give any final decision.

  6. #6
    rohitkumarramesh
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Smile Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone tell me why are girls not allowed to appear for National Defense Academy (NDA) entrance examination? Whats the reason for it?
    As per the eligibility criteria of NDA exam girls are not eligible to apply for the NDA exam.
    Only male candidate are eligible to apply for the National Defence Academy examination.
    This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

    If you are interested in Indian Defence then you can apply for this after the graduation.
    You can apply for the CDSE examination to join defence. This examination is conducted
    by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility
    criteria.

    Education Qualification
    For the CDSE exam candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized
    university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible for the CDSE
    exam.

    Age Limit

    For IMA 19 - 24 years

    For NA 19 - 22 years

    For AFA 19 - 23 years

    For OTA 19 - 25 years

    For more information on CDSE exam visit at the UPSC web site.
    www.upsc.gov.in

  7. #7
    mumpy
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    485

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    may be its possible that girls cant give nda exam butv why do u worry u can join indian army by other way such as giving ssb exam or join airforce where girls are also leading themselves towards serving nation by becomming an army officer and whether it is a male/female officer both gets same priority

  8. #8
    fazlu
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ghatkopar
    Posts
    930

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    girls are not allowed of NDA because it is rule of government.

  9. #9
    sachin singh
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    WELL THE GOVT. IS LOOKING INTO THIS MATTER AND SOONER OR LATER GIRLS WILL ALSO BE ALLOWED TO WRITE NDA EXAM.
    BUT TILL THEN FOCUS ON OTHER GOOD THINGS

  10. #10
    prkataria
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    372

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    SOME OF THE POSTS IN NDA ARE RESTRICTED TO GIRLS.
    THIS IS BECAUSE NDA TRAINING RECQUIRES A PHYSICAL CAPABILITY.
    GIRLS BEING WEAKER SEX . CANNOT TAKE THE TRAINING. ITS DANGEROUS FOR THEIR HEALTH.
    YOU CAN OPT FOR VARIOUS OTHER CIVIL SERVICE POSTS LIKE IAS AND IPS WHERE GIRLS ARE NOT RESTRICTED AT ALL.
    ALL THE BEST

  11. #11
    Ankit tiwari
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lucknow
    Posts
    1,848

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    You are right girls are not allowed to give nda exams because at the time of war they can feel fatigueness v.quick,they may be pregnant,may be soft heart, hard training programms.They can apply for Indian army.

  12. #12
    upasana
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    285

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Dear Student, girls are not allowed to appear in NDA. It is a rule made by govt. we can not able to give reason.

  13. #13
    kirti vaish
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    pune
    Posts
    334

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    hello friend ,
    girls are not allo wed to give NDA because they are the holder of officer in defence
    the males are only for becoming low post airman or sailor so it very good that girls are give
    so respect to become officer by giving CDS and ssb so
    all the best for your future

  14. #14
    Unregistered

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Mam can a diploma holder girls can join these forces plz reply soon i m waiting

  15. #15
    Rahul k
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Uttranchal,Rishikesh
    Posts
    1,943

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone tell me why are girls not allowed to appear for National Defense Academy (NDA) entrance examination? Whats the reason for it?
    No Girls are Not Allowed for NDA examination !

    Only Unmarried Male Candidates are Eligible to apply for NDA I and NDA II examination.

    But Girls are eligible to apply for UPSC CDS examination If you are Interested in defence services to join OTA. But you are eligible for this examination only after completing your Graduation.

    You are also enter with the help of SSC and UES (University Entry Scheme). For all these examination you need to purse a graduate degree examination. The Notification are published in the Employment Newspaper OR you can also visit the UPSC website to know more about CDS Examination.

  16. #16
    DK Boss
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    157

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    It held twice in a year by UPSC-
    The Basic eligibility criteria are as follows :
    (1)Only Unmarried Male candidate are allowed.
    (2) Educational qualification
    Generally 12th pass with mathematics ,physics and chemistry from a recognized board or university.
    (3)Age Criteria
    candidate having age between 16.5 to 19 years are allowed
    and now talking about girls....if i say truth then also i don't know but it is better to ask UPSC..

  17. #17
    Unregistered

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    what happens if a girl gives her entrance exam to NDA???

  18. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Himachal Pradesh Nalagarh
    Posts
    490

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    This question is for UPSC not us...But However there is way if you want to join Indian Army-
    You can give CDS exam if you want-
    CDS exam Eligibility-
    Both Male and Female candidates are eligible..
    Age 21 to 30 and 5 years and 3 years relaxation in upper age to SC/ST and OBC candidates-
    Graduation last year appearing and appeared candidates are eligible..

  19. #19
    Unregistered

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    OK!I AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT THAT RULES ARE RULES BUT THINK A LITTLE BIT ABOUT TODAY'S CONDITION.NOW GIRLS ARE IN EVERY FIELD THEN WHY NOT IN NDA.IF GIRLS WILL NOT GET THE CHANCE THEN HOW WILL YOU CONCLUDE THAT GIRLS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR NDA.TRUT ME AND GIVE A SINGLE CHANCE TO GIRLS TO SEE THEIR ABILITY.I THINK THAT WHAT YOU EXPET FROM BOYS ,GIRLS CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT.NOW WHAT YOU SAY YOU SHOULD GIVE A CHANCE TO A GILR OR NOT STILL?

  20. #20
    aman4shukla
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    100

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Dear Student,
    -The UPSC has by now never revealed why Girl candidates are not allowed for appearing the NDA exams.The most probable reason assumed for this is that the level of training of National Defence Academy is very harsh,and girls would not be able to bear it.However,with girls proving their strength everywhere,this has proved to be nothing but a myth.
    -But anyways,rules are rules.So nothing can be done.Female candidates can however join Indian Defence through the CDS(OTA) Exams which are conducted twice in an year,by the UPSC at graduate level.

  21. #21
    ilostpaper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    1

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone tell me why are girls not allowed to appear for National Defense Academy (NDA) entrance examination? Whats the reason for it?
    The Rule - Girls are not given permanent commission in Indian Army. Girls are only allowed for Short Service commission for Ground duties only. NDA is a exam for permanent commission candidates that's why girls can't write NDA..

  22. #22
    punjpro
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    518

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    what happens if a girl gives her entrance exam to NDA???
    Your form would be rejected and you wont recieve any admit card, since in gender box you will have to tick female and yet you tick male,, then you will be caught during examination since you cant change your look , so no way out. According to it's eligibility criteria Only Unmarried male are allowed to appear in NDA.
    Now, dont ask me why unmarried male only since you may have already figured it out.

  23. #23
    Resonance
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    kota (rajasthan)
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Actually there is no such particular reason why girls are not allowed to appear for NDA(National defense academy) examination.
    The rules regarding the NDA examination have been created by the concerned authorities after much analysis and thinking.
    and so there is no logic behind all these rules and qualifications set by the concerned authority.

  24. #24
    mango
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    106

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Dear Student,
    -The UPSC has by now never revealed why Girl candidates are not allowed for appearing the NDA exams.The most probable reason assumed for this is that the level of training of National Defence Academy is very harsh,and girls would not be able to bear it.However,with girls proving their strength everywhere,this has proved to be nothing but a myth.
    -But anyways,rules are rules.So nothing can be done.Female candidates can however join Indian Defence through the CDS(OTA) Exams which are conducted twice in an year,by the UPSC at graduate level.

  25. #25
    LSK
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    Hi friend,

    NDA Means, National Defence Academy and is conducted by the upsc,

    i)complete Graduation in any recognized university

    ii)Age limit should be 21-30 years

    iii) 5 years of relaxation for SC\ST candidates,3 years for OBC candidates

    According to the training section will be very very hard that's most of the gays are telling like that,

    For any queries visit the website WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

  26. #26
    ravikannth2027
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: Why are Girls not allowed to answer NDA entrance exam?

    girls are not eligible for NDA exam

    NDA qualification :

    pass in 12th stands from a recognized university
    there is no parentage of marks in 12th stands
    age limit between 16.5 to 19 years
    Candidates must be a Indian
    Unmarried male person
    physical fit


+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?