To be an IAS you have to appear in the exam called CIVIL SERVICES and the pattern of the exam has changed so the new pattern for the exam is given below:
This exam is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION).
The Selection is conducted in three stages:
SCHEME OF MAINS EXAMINATION IS:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE EXAM IS:
1)You must be an INDIAN Citizen
2)Your educational qualification must be a graduation in any field from any recognized University.
3)If you are in the final year of graduation then also you are eligible for the exam.
4)Your age must be between 21 years to 30 years.
Relaxation for the Reserved categories
5)NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
- FOR SC/ST : 5 years
- FOR OBC : 3 years
- FOR GENERAL CATEGORY: 4 Attempts
- FOR SC/ST CATEGORY : No limit
- FOR OBC CATEGORY : 7 attempts
CSAT is an Aptitude test which will include the following things:
THE SYLLABUS FOR THE CIVIL SERVICES APTITUDE TEST IS:
PAPER I: GENERAL AWARENESS
-Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).