1. #1
    Unregistered

    Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Hello sir/madam
    can a student who has passed class 12th outside delhi sit in the dtu entrance exam?????





  2. Related:
  3. #2
    SWETHA12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    173

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Hai

    Surely you can appear for DTU entrance exam after 12th... for further procedure regarding the admission can be followed through this link....
    http://http://admissions.dce.edu/B.Tech/procedure

    ::All The Best




  4. #3
    pyscho
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    942

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Hi friend,

    Yes ,students are eligible for DTU(Delhi Technical University) Entrance Exam after completing 10+2 beside also satisfy some more criteria:

    DTU(2012) Eligibility Criteria:

    Educcational qualification:
    • Delhi region(85% Quota)/Outside Delhi region(15% quota)
    • A candidate must pass 10+2 from C.B.S.E( Central Board of Secondary Education) Board/I.S.C.E( Indian School Certificate Examination) or
    • A candidate must pass Bachelor degree in Science (General) or Science (Hons) from recognized university with combination of PCM with minimum aggregate of 60% marks.or
    • Any other Examination Equivalent to 10+2 recognized by C.B.S.E board
    Note :
    • A candidate get admission under 85% quota and 15% quota will be consider in strictly on DTU & All India Rank obtained in AIEEE 2012.
    • A candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject in 10+2
    • A candidate who leave an B.Tech Course/equivalent course, after permissible number of chances are over in any other University / Board in India, is not eligible for admission to B.Tech Course.
    • A candidate having compartment Exams/ again appearing for improvement to aquire a eligibility is not eligible.
    • Direct admission to second year is not allowed in whatsoever case.

    Age Requirements:A candidate must be 17-25 years of age on or before 1 October of the years in which he/she want admission.


    Good luck!!

  5. #4
    ASHWANIKUMAR
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    342

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Eligibility criteria for DTU Entrance Exam are as follows :-
    There is an 85% quota for Delhi candidates (i.e. candidates who have done their 12th from Delhi)
    admission to which is possible through CEE. For 15% outside Delhi Quota admission is done on the
    basis of AIEEE merit .
    Eligibility Criteria for DTU

    A candidate should have passed class 12th with atleast 60% aggregate in PCM.
    There is relaxation of 10% for SC/ST candidates in % aggregate. Additionally a
    candidate should be minimum 17 years of age and not more than 25 years of
    age on 1st October, 2010.

    Course offered:

    BE(4 years)

  6. #5
    arvind_singh
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    pune
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    DTU conducts its own entrance exams which is done for admission in the Btech program.Admission to 85% seats are done through the DTU exam for which only Delhi students are eligible and remaining 15% seats are filled through the AIEEE for not Delhi students .

    Eligibility ::

    You must have passed class 12th with 60 percent or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

    You must have completed Bachelor of Science (General) or Bachelor of Science (Hons) examination with combination of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 60% marks.

    You must have passed English as a subject of study of the Senior School Certificate Examination Level.

    Those students who have in compartment in 2011 will not be eligible for admission for the year 2012-13.

    There is some relaxation given to SC/ST and PH students :

    For Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) are allowed 10 percent concession of marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.

    5% marks concession given to army personal and to Handicapped students

    You should not be less then 17 years of age and more then 25 years

  7. #6
    vnbansal82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    232

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    yes a student is eligible for DTU entrance exam after completing 12th
    but first of all he/she should give AIEEE exam which is conducted by CBSE,then on the basis of rank in AIEEE university decides that admission is done or not.....
    85% seats are for delhi residents and remaining 15% for all india aspirants.

  8. #7
    prema
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    607

    Thumbs up Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Hii..Educcational qualification:

    * Delhi region(85% Quota)/Outside Delhi region(15% quota)
    * A candidate must pass 10+2 from C.B.S.E( Central Board of Secondary Education) Board/I.S.C.E( Indian School Certificate Examination) or
    * A candidate must pass Bachelor degree in Science (General) or Science (Hons) from recognized university with combination of PCM with minimum aggregate of 60% marks.or
    * Any other Examination Equivalent to 10+2 recognized by C.B.S.E board
    Good luck

  9. #8
    Unregistered

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    can i apply for DTU with improvement marks of cbse

  10. #9
    gotu
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Yes ,students are eligible for DTU(Delhi Technical University) Entrance Exam after completing 10+2 beside also satisfy some more criteria:

    DTU(2012) Eligibility Criteria:

    Educcational qualification:
    Delhi region(85% Quota)/Outside Delhi region(15% quota)
    A candidate must pass 10+2 from C.B.S.E( Central Board of Secondary Education) Board/I.S.C.E( Indian School Certificate Examination) or
    A candidate must pass Bachelor degree in Science (General) or Science (Hons) from recognized university with combination of PCM with minimum aggregate of 60% marks.or
    Any other Examination Equivalent to 10+2 recognized by C.B.S.E board

  11. #10
    Unregistered

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Sir,i have passed 10 2 in year 2011 bt i hv re-appeard for improvemnt in 2012 to acquire eligibity...can i apply for dtu this year?

  12. #11
    Unregistered

    Re: Is a student eligible for DTU Entrance exam after completing 12th class?

    Sir,i hv passed my 10 2 in yr.2011 bt i hv gvn improvemnt exam in 2012 to acquire eligibility in pcm...so,can i apply for dtu b.tech ths yr?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?