Hello friend !!
Yes, you can prepare yourself for IAS without any coaching .
IAS -- Indian Administrative Services.
The IAS Examination is a Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks .
Exam Pattern :
Paper-I (300 Marks)
One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)
Paper-II (300 Marks)
English (Qualifying Paper)
Paper-III (200 Marks )
Papers IV & V (600 Marks)
General Studies (300 Marks for each paper).
Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX (1200 Marks)
Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)
Total Marks for Written Examination -- 2000 Marks
Interview Test -- 300 Marks
Grand Total -- 2300 Marks
Preparation Tips for IAS :
1. First make a Schedule for preparation which must and should be followed seriously.
2. Collect and make a note of the Entire Syllabus of the Examination.
3. Choose the Topics from the Syllabus in which you are familiar.
Because doing the known thing will bring more interest and makes you active in it.
4. Avoid diversions from the Schedule.
5. Do not take any things seriously to the heart, which may effect you during preparation.
All these things will definitely make you prepare well for any of the Examinations.
IAS Preparation :
Good Luck !!
For Syllabus, just download this Attachment :