There are many reputed Engineering colleges in Punjab and Chandigarh which offers Lateral entry admissions to Diploma holders,but for taking admission in Engineering you need to fulfill the following eligibility conditions first.
- You must have completed your Diploma course with minimum 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.
- You must not have any backlog left in Diploma course.
- Your age must not be more than 28 years.
On the basis of your Diploma aggregate,a merit list will be formed,based on your aggregate your name will be short listed.The higher is your Diploma aggregate,better College you will get.
Advantages of Lateral entry admissions:
- High Relief from Maths,Physics,ED,Chemistry.
- Direct 2nd year admission to degree.
- More preferred by companies during recruitment due to more practical expertise.
- Easy understanding of concepts.
Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions in Punjab and Chandigarh are:
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.
Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana
DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.
SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.
Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology,Bathinda.
Punjab College of Engineering and Technology,Mohali.
All the best.