Originally Posted by Unregistered
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising faculty from Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore, and seven Indian Institutes of Technology(IIT's) on behalf of the National Coordinating Board - GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
# The GATE exam is meant to identify meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to Post Graduate Programmes in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy at the National level.
# GATE scores are valid for 2 years and so will hold by the time you pass out from your engineering degree.
# GATE papers are fully objective type.
# GATE consists of 65 questions with negative marking and you will be having 3hrs.duration.
# GATE is for 100marks.
Tips to crack GATE 2012 :
# Buy the Previous year question papers(Atleast 10years papers) with solutions(if possible).
# Make high priority to high scoring subjects like Maths or your Core Subjects.
# Maintain a good Time management table..
# Make short notes from the Text books..
# Once you finish studying 1 chapter then go and solve the prev.year questions related to chapter1
# Finish detailed reading at least one and half month before.
# Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts.
# Keep last 15 days for fast practice and revision. Solve as many papers and question banks as you can get from any source.
# Finally the following Four Factors will surely help you to crack the GATE in IIT's
- Consistency in Hardwork
- Never give up
- Learn,Test what you have learnt,Analyse and do Revision them
- Be confident.
Eligibility for gate:
- You should be a Bachelor degree holder in Engineering OR Technology OR Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and even if you are in the final year can also write GATE.
- You should be a Master degree holder in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and even if you are in the final year of such programmes.
- If you are in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
- Second and third year MCA students are also eligible for GATE
- First and Second year MSc students are also eligible for GATE
All the best