1. #1

    How can I become a Member of AMIE?

    How can I become a Member of AMIE?

  2. #2
    Just Guesss?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    A.S.Rao Nagar - Hyderabad

    Re: How can I become a Member of AMIE?

    Hello friend !!

    The AMIE stands for -- Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers .

    >>AMIE is an alternative option for such students who are unable to pursue for an engineering degree course through a regular course in an engineering college .
    This is conducted by Institution of Engineers, India (IEI) .

    >>An AMIE degree is recognized as equivalent to an engineering degree by AICTE, UPSC, SSC, Central Government Departments and state governments etc.
    The Duration of this course is 2 years for Diploma pass student and 3 years for 10+2 pass students.

    The Eligibility :
    All the 10+2 candidates are eligible for this programme and their aggregate must be 45+ .
    Also the Diploma Candidates also eligible but their aggregate must be min of 50 .

    >>AMIE degree holder can write examinations like civil services, Indian engineering services, GATE, GRE, etc.

    >>AMIE conducts the Examination in two ways :
    Section A &
    Section B .

    >>Section A is common for all the applicants but Section B is to choose a particular discipline in your Engineering Stream .
    Sections A & B examinations of the institution are held twice a year, generally in June and in December and are termed as summer and winter examinations respectively .

    >> The Class Timings :

    Evening : 6.30 PM to 8.30 PM on Weekdays
    9.00 AM to 2.00 PM on Sundays .

    >>The candidates after earning a certificate in AMIE can choose for higher studies leading to masterís degree in engineering or any other qualification.
    Alternatively, these candidates can start working with government / private organizations in their respective field of specialization or become entrepreneur.

    >>AMIE degree holders have almost similar job prospects as BE / B.Tech degree holders .

    >>AMIE degree is awarded to practicing engineers on completion of section b examination .

    All the Best !!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?