B.ED stands for BACHELOR IN EDUCATION and the course is of duration 2 years and is pursued to become a Teacher in SCHOOLS for primary and secondary classes.
ELIGIBILITY FOR B.ED IS:
1) You must have got a bachelor degree or a higher degree from any recognized university.
2) You must also have a two year full time teaching experience on temporary/permanent basis in a primary, secondary/higher/senior secondary school recognised by the central or a state government or a union territory.
3)That experience certificate should be issued by the Principal, or Headmaster/Headmistress.
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION:
The Admission in the B.ED course is based on an Entrance Test. The test will be conducted in the month of July/August.
The notification for the exams will come out in the month of April/May.
There are a lot of Universities which conducts an entrance exam for B. Ed. Entrance for Regular and Correspondence Courses.
The Duration of the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes and the exam consists of Multiple choice type questions and the paper also has negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
There are Five sections in the test of 15 Marks and 15 Questions Each:
- Part A: General Awareness Test
- Part B: Teaching Potential Test
- Part C: General Mental Ability Test
- Part D: Language Proficiency Test
- Part E & F: Language Proficiency Test: English and/or Hindi
SYLLABUS FOR THE B.ED ENTRANCE EXAM:
Part A: General Awareness Test:
3. Social Science
6. Art and Culture
7. Sports and Games
8. Current Events (Political, Social & Economic)
9. Government Policy of Education
10 Who's Who
Part-B Teaching Potential Test
1. Knowledge of Teaching Learning Process of Educational System including non-formal and distance education.
2. Audio-Visual Aids and Mass Media etc.
3. Values as enshrined in the Constitution of India
4. General Awareness of National Level Educational agencies and organisation of Social, Political, Economic, and Cultural Agendas.
5. Aptitude for Teaching Profession; Teacher's personal characteristics and their adjustments.
6. Classroom problems of learners and their solutions.
7. Adjustment problems of human relations with students, colleges and administration.
8. Examination, evaluation and assessment.
9. Library Usage.
10. School and Society.
Part-C General Mental Ability Test
1. Number Series
4. Synonyms or opposites
5. Code, De-code
6. Seeing Relations
7. Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
8. Interpretation of Graphs & Figures
9. Evaluation and Inference
10. Blood Relations
Part D, E & F: Language Proficiency (English, Hindi and Mother tongue)
2. Idioms and Vocabulary
3. Correction and Punctuation
4. Fill in the Blanks
5. Reading Comprehension
THE LIST OF UNIVERSITIES PROVIDING THE B.ED COURSE IS:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Andhra University School of Distance Education (AUSDE), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Annamalai University Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) - Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Bangalore University Directorate of Correspondence Courses and Distance Education, Bangalore
- Bharathiar University - School of Distance Education - Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Education
- Bharathidasan University - Center for Distance Education - Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Himachal Pradesh University International Centre for Distance Education and Open Learning , Shimla
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia Centre for Distance and Open Learning (JMI-CDOL), Delhi
- Kakatiya University School of Distance Learning & Continuing Education, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh
- Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Mysore, Karnataka
- Kota Open University (KOU), Kota, Rajasthan
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University (MPBOU), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Maharshi Dayanand University Directorate of Distance Education, Rohtak, Haryana
- Panjab University Department of Correspondence Studies, Chandigarh
- Tamilnadu Open University - Bachelor of Education - Distance Mode (BEd (DM))
- Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Distance Education Centre, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Venkateswara University Directorate of Distance Education, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
- University of Calicut School of Distance Education (UCSDE), Calicut, Kerala
- University of Jammu Directorate of Distance Education, Jammu
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nasik, Maharashtra