Its really sorry to say that you are not eligible for admission in any IIT on the basis of your Diploma course.I am also a Diploma holder like you,I had also dreamed of going to IITs or NITs after completing my Diploma course,but it is a great source of discrimination for Diploma holders that reputed Engineering Colleges like IITs and NITs does not allow Lateral entry to Diploma holders.
But you don't worry friend,there are good Colleges for Engineering which offers Lateral entry admissions to Diploma holders.For that,you need to appear for Lateral Engineering Entrance Test(LEET).
Eligibility conditions for Lateral entry admissions:
- You must have completed your Diploma course with minimum 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.
- You must not have any backlog left in Diploma course.
- Your age must not be more than 28 years.
On the basis of your rank in LEET,you will be assigned College.The higher rank you will score the better College you will get.
Most reputed Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions are:
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.
Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.
Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.
Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi
Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida
Delhi Technological University,Delhi.
Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana
DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.
SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.
Duration of degree course on the basis of Lateral entry scheme= 3years.
Advantages of Lateral entry admissions:
- High Relief from Maths,Physics,ED,Chemistry.
- Direct 2nd year admission to degree.
- More preferred by companies during recruitment due to more practical expertise.
All the best.