For getting admission in M.tech course in a reputed College,you need to clear an Entrance Test known as GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).On the basis of your rank in the GATE,you will be assigned College.The higher rank you will score in the test,the better College you will get.
GATE is a National level test.This test is carried out jointly by all the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs for admission in M.Tech(Master of Technology) course.
Eligibility conditions for GATE:
- If you are in the 2nd year or more in the Integrated Master's degree course in Engineering/Technology.
- If you are in the final year of the Post Graduate degree in Science/Statistics/Maths/Computer Applications.
- If you have completed your Graduation degree in B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch.
- If you are in the 3rd year or higher year of 5 year Integrated Masters degree course and Dual Degree course in Engineering/Technology.
Structure of GATE :
- Duration of Test: 3 hours.
- Number of questions: 65.
- Maximum marks:100 .
- Examination type: Objective.
>>No Negative marking for Numerical questions,but there is negative marking for all other questions.
>>There is General Aptitude part of 15 marks.
Best suitable ECE specializations in M.tech:
- Power Electronics.
- Embedded Systems.
- VLSI Designing.
- Signal Processing.
- Basic Electronics.
- Digital Electronics.
- Microwave Engineering.
- Electronic Instrumentation.
- Advanced Communication Systems.
- Micro Electronics.
Most reputed Colleges for M.Tech course in India :
Delhi College of Engineering,Delhi.
Punjab Engineering College,Chandigarh.
IT Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science(BITS),Pilani.
Birla Institute of Technology(BIT),Mesra.
All the best.