1. #1

    Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    I am Complete M.Sc in Chemistry in Madurai Open University. So I am Eligible for NETor SET Exam

  2. Related:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    you are not eligibility for the NET or SET exam because you have done your studying open university.
    this eligibility is you have post graduation in any recognized university which is regular not open or private.
    so you have open university degree you can't apply for this exam..
    for this you M.sc you can apply for any private college as a teacher. After some time teaching exaprience you can grow you career in the way of teaching so don't be tns you can apply for your locality college.
    but dear you can do B.Ed on your gradaution basis after that you can apply for TET or PGT for the teaching.

    for more information visit the UGC website:

    best of luck...........

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Hello Friend,

    Eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam :

    UGC conducts the NET exam and the State Government of each State conducts the SET exam.

    Mostly the exam will be conducted in the month of June and December.

    The eligibility criteria for the NET exam:

    You must be a is a post graduation in any fields.

    The percentage requirement for the NET exam is 55% aggregate in the Masters’ course .

    Age Limit:

    You should not be aged above 28 years.

    Eligibility criteria For SET exam:

    The SET exam percentage requirement may vary within States.

    Most of the States require only 50% aggregate in the qualifying exam. Since you are a postgraduate , you are qualified to apply for the test.

    However, you should satisfy all the qualification criterions for attending these tests.

    *Those who clear the NET exam can apply for the vacancies of lecturers in colleges or institutes within the country.

    You can apply for lecture vacancies within the State through SET exam.

    To appear for the NET exam the Post Graduation degree is a must from any recognized university. But for the SET exam Graduation degree is enough. With the NET the candidate can become a college lecturer whereas the SET qualified candidates can only go for the school level teaching.

    Since your a Post Graduate you can surely apply for the NET and SET exam.

    If You satisfies this above criteria then your eligible for the entrance exam.

    The NET forms are currently available in Indian Bank branches.

    For more information log on to the official website


    All The Best...

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Yes you are eligible for the NET or SET exam after completing your M.SC chemistry .

    The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the UGC-CSIR NET or SET

    for Science subjects,, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences

    Mathematical Sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean & Planetary Sciences .

    The tests are conducted twice in a year generally in the months of June and December

    Eligibility to appear for the NET (National Eligibility test ) and SET(State Eligibility Test)exam
    • candidate should have Master degree or equivalent in their related subjects.

    • The candidate must have a minimum of 55% in their masters .

    • The candidates who are appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.

    • For appearing candidates they must produce their degree certificate within one year from the

      date of this test .

    • The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age.

    • The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit.

    • Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped

      will be given for 5 years

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Dear friend.
    National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission(UGC) for the posts of lecturers in the topmost colleges of India. Also along with the lecturership one is eigible for the recruitment of scholarshipos for their further studies like the phD Or the M.Phil. So it is a double sided benefit.
    To be eligibe for this exam one has to be atleast a post graduate in any discipline.That means you being msc.chem are eligible. Also you must have secured atleast 55 percent for the general category and 50 percent for the SC/ST/OBC Category in the post graduation.
    Let me tell you NET Exam is a natioal level exam for the lecturership and professorship and junior research fellowship in the topmost colleges across India. There is another exam conducted by the ICAR Called as the ICAR NET Exam which is at the state level basis. The eligibility criteria is same but you are recruited in various state level universities
    For further details of NET Log on to:

    Good luck
    ::haider khan::

  7. #6
    Ankit tiwari
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    National Eligblity Test(NET) conducts every year in national level entrance examination for those students who wish to get eligibltiy forn teaching in university ot to get admission in Ph.D for research.Exam eonduct by UGC to award Junior research fellowship for Indian nationals & to provide or check eligblity for teaching in University level.There are different councils who conduct exam for Science & arts discipline.For science discipline jointly conducted by Concil of Scientific & Industrial Research(CSIR) & UGC.
    State Eligbility Test(SET) conducted by University Grant Comission(UGC),it is conducted in different states of India.This exam is conducted to get eligiblty for teaching in Schools & colleges.SET exam pattern is same as that of Net exam.
    Eligblity:- Eligiblity for NET & SET exam is required that a candidate must had done graduation from a recognized university.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Yes you eligible for NET/SET exam.

    Eligibility for NET/SET exam are Post Graduation with 55%.

    If you are SC/ST/OBC candidate Post Graduation with 50%.

  9. #8
    Rahul k
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Yes, After M.sc Chemistry course, you are eligible to apply for CSIR-NET Examination and to apply for this examination you need to complete your M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General & OBC candidates. Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for NET Examination.

    The CSIR Test will be held in the subjects as given under -

    >> Chemical Sciences
    >> Earth Sciences
    >> Life Sciences
    >> Mathematical Sciences
    >> Physical Sciences.

    Age Eligiblity Criteria -

    For Lectureship Post, your minimum age should be 19 years and there is no upper age limit.

    For Junior Research Fellowship, Your age should between 19 to 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

    The examination fees for General candidates was Rs 400 and for OBC Candidates it was Rs 200 and for SC/ST Candidates was Rs 100.

    >> But the last date of apply for CSIR NET Examination was already completed, so please apply for This examination next time and the examination was going to be held on 18/Dec/2011.

    And If you want to get more Information about CSIR NET Examination, then please check the UPSC Website -


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Yes after PG degree you are eligible for this examination .
    The exam is conducted by upsc for the post of lecturer or JRF(junior reserach fellowship).
    The candidate must have to complete their pg minimum with 55% or above .
    If you have less than 55% than you are not eligible for this.
    The UGC conducte every year twice in year .

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    In order to take National Eligibility Test conducted by
    University Grant Commission, you will have complete
    your masters degree program and qualify the final year
    examination of the same.
    As per the guidelines of University Grant Commission,
    candidates who score 55% or more are only considered
    eligible to take the test.
    Now, after completion of your M.Sc program in Chemistry,
    you will be eligible to take the test in Chemical Sciences
    and the test will comprise of three papers:
    Paper I: General Science, Quantitative Reasoning &
    Analysis and Research Aptitude
    Paper II: Chemical Science
    Paper III: Chemical Science
    best of luck

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    yes you are eligible for the NET or SET exams.
    for these exams you should have a masters degree.
    eligibility criteria:
    1)maximum age limit is of 28 yrs.
    2)you should have aggregate 55% marks in masters degree.

  13. #12

    Re: Am I eligible for NET or SET Exam after completing M.Sc Chemistry?

    Am I eligible for net or set exam in education after m.sc chemisry (54.2%)/B.ed(78.5%)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?